We're continuously releasing new features and functionality for the JSTOR platform based on your valuable feedback. Here are some of the most recent updates.
- When saving or moving an item in your Workspace, you can save a click by using the Save/Move button next to a folder. In addition, if a folder contains image items, you'll see a thumbnail image next to the folder name for quicker identification.
- When saving or moving an item in your Workspace, you can now search for a folder or see your three most recently-modified folders within the Save/Move menu. In addition, folder names will now be announced to screen readers when selected.
- In compare mode, you can now save items to your Workspace.
- In present mode, you can now tab through items in a folder using the left and right arrow keys on your keyboard.
- In addition to Google, institutions can now choose Microsoft Azure as their single sign-on (SSO) provider for institutional access and personal JSTOR account creation. Admins can set up Microsoft SSO authentication on JSTOR by adding their school’s domain(s) under "Access Methods" in JSTOR Admin.
- You can now search for items you've saved to your JSTOR Workspace. For now, you can search names of folders and subfolders, as well as Title(s) and Creator(s) of individual items in your Workspace.
- Based on feedback from our contributors, Custom Fields now display above and before the License/Rights/Rights Notes, Resource Type, File Name, and SSID fields for images and primary source items on JSTOR. This ensures that users see descriptive metadata fields before administrative fields.
- Based on feedback from our contributors, "Item Date" is now "Date" in the metadata displayed for images and primary sources on JSTOR.
- When viewing a journal article, you can now see what other articles, book chapters, or research reports on JSTOR cite that article under "Cited by".
- You can now save a copy of a shared folder to your Workspace, then make changes to your copied folder such as renaming it, saving additional items to it, or sharing it with others at your institution.
- In addition to terms from from Getty's Union List of Artist Names® (ULAN) and Art & Architecture Thesaurus® (AAT), when searching on JSTOR, searches for variants of location names from Getty's Thesaurus of Geographic Names® (TGN) will now return relevant results that have been cataloged with the preferred term and vice versa. This includes keyword searches, searches using fields, and when performing an Advanced Search.
- View at-a-glance usage information for your institution including Licensed titles, Open Access titles, and Access-denied title frequency on the JSTOR Admin homepage.
- Administrators can now view usage reporting for your institution's Community Collections for a specific date range by selecting a start and end date for the report.
- Save multiple images, text items, or a combination of both to your Workspace directly from your search results or collection pages. Your selections will be saved as you scroll or page through results.
- Administrators can now view usage reporting for your institution's Community Collections for the entire period data is available by selecting "All Time" for the report date range.
- When searching on JSTOR, searches for variants of creator names and subject names from Getty's Union List of Artist Names® (ULAN) and Art & Architecture Thesaurus® (AAT) will now return relevant results that have been cataloged with the preferred term and vice versa.
- Cite images, text items, or a combination of both directly from your search results. Your selections will be saved even if you go to the next page of results.
- View the search filters you currently have applied at a glance at the top of your search results page, and clear them as needed to refine your search results.
- Find the subject, classification, or region you're looking for when refining your search results by searching within facets.
- Discover more content with related item recommendations. When viewing an item, you'll see content frequently viewed with that item on the item page.
- Move or delete items and folders in bulk in your Workspace.
- Refine your search results within a collection, subcollection, or container with facets and filters.
- View and manage users for your institution, invite users to create a JSTOR account with automatic remote access through your institution, renew or expire remote access for users, and set up new administrators.
- Access more detailed Holdings information including summary statistics, additional content types such as Images, Institutional Collections, and Free/Open content on JSTOR, and learn about additional content you can subscribe to.
- Review your institution's Books on JSTOR summary statistics and purchases, download reports of purchased and non-purchased titles available through your DDA/EBA profile, and see Open Access Books.
- View usage statistics of licensed and open Artstor collections across both JSTOR and Artstor with a cross-platform report.
- Refine your image search results by region, country, or a combination of both.
- Export multiple images and metadata to a compressed ZIP file for use offline.
- Compare images while presenting in a full-screen slideshow format directly from your Workspace, with IIIF viewer functionality and image detail display capabilities.
- Improved presentation of metadata on image pages, with more relevant metadata now appearing higher on the item page.
- Copy any of your Artstor image groups into your JSTOR Workspace to take advantage of enhanced features such as folders, notes, export functions, and more.
- Save, download, cite, sort, and view image metadata while browsing within a collection.
- View image metadata and traverse folder structure when selecting images to compare in your Workspace.
- Duplicate existing Workspace folders to reuse, update, or reformat curated content.
- Present image collections in a full-screen slideshow format directly from your Workspace, with IIIF-viewer functionality and image detail display capabilities.
- Share the content you curate in your Workspace with other users in your institution for reference, teaching, and more.
- Compare images within your search results, as well as compare search results with items already in your Workspace, and display or hide image details when doing so.
- View institutional access credentials in a new section of JSTOR Admin called Access Methods (administrators only).
- Easily browse by classification or geography from the image search page.
- Focus on searching just images throughout your entire session by selecting the Images tab, or see all the search results by switching to the All Content tab.