The Shared Collections Usage Dashboard is a self-service dashboard that enables institutions to track and visualize interest in and access of their collections published on JSTOR.
On the dashboard, you'll find counts for:
- Total Item Requests - Combined items views and downloads across all of your institution's collections for the selected date range.
- Items Accessed - The percentage of items with at least one item request within the selected date range.
- Countries - The number of countries with item requests within the selected date range.
- Institution Landing Page Views - The number of page views of your institution's landing page on JSTOR within the selected date range.
The following information and data visualizations are also available:
Item Requests by Collection - A line graph showing the number of item requests over time for the collection(s) and date range selected.
- Collections without items requests in the selected time range won't be reflected in the graph.
- Top Items - A list of the items with the most amount of item requests within the selected date range.
- Top Countries - A list of the countries with the most amount of item requests within the selected date range.
- Top Institutions - A bar graph showing the institutions with the most amount of item requests within the selected date range.
Usage by Access Type - A pie chart showing the percentage of item requests within the selected date range by users' institutional affiliation.
- By your institution - Users authenticated through your institution.
- By other JSTOR institutions - Users authenticated to another institution.
- No institution - Users who are not authenticated through an institution.
Accessing the dashboard
To access the Shared Collections Usage dashboard, you must have a personal account affiliated with a participating institution with the appropriate permissions based on the service(s) your institution licenses. These include:
- Institutional Admin permissions for your institution's JSTOR Forum account. See JSTOR Forum: Manage User Access for more information.
- Permissions to access the Collection Loader for your institution's account.
To view usage reporting:
- Log into the Shared Collections Usage Dashboard with a personal account that has one of the permission types described above.
- Use the Select Collections drop-down menu to select the collections that should appear in the report. By default, all of your institutions collections are selected.
- By default, the report shows data for "All Time". You can uncheck this option and use the Start Date and End Date date pickers to specify a date range.
- Click the Apply Range button to view your report.
- Optionally, click the Download Usage Data button and choose either:
- One Time - to download an Excel file (.xlsx) containing usage data reflecting the collection(s) and date range selected for the report.
Scheduled - to schedule a report to be created automatically for the specified reporting period and collection(s) selected.
- Scheduled reports will be delivered on the first or second day following the completed month or 12-month period of reporting, depending on the interval selected. For example, a report for April will be delivered at the beginning of May.