On this page:
Configuring JSTOR Journal Collections
In order to activate the JSTOR Archive Collections, Thematic Collections, and/or Open Access Journals your institution licenses in your Discovery Layer, you have a couple of options:
- You can search for and select or activate the necessary collections or package in your Discovery Service’s Admin or Client Center. For a complete list of JSTOR Journal Collections, please see our JSTOR Title List Page, or
- You can download a copy of your institution's JSTOR Journals Holdings File from JSTOR Admin Library Holdings and then upload this file to your Discovery Service Admin space. For more information about library holdings, please see Accessing and Downloading your Library Holdings.
Configuring Books at JSTOR Collections
If your institution licenses Books at JSTOR Collections, you have a couple of options to select and activate your titles, based on the acquisition models your library licenses.
- If your institution licenses EBA, to activate the EBA corpus in your Discovery Layer, you can search for and select the entire JSTOR EBA Collection in your Admin Center
- If your institution licenses DDA, and you would like to activate the entire DDA corpus in your Discovery Layer, you can search for and select the entire JSTOR DDA Collection in your Admin Space
- If your institution has a specific DDA profile set up, and you ONLY want to activate those titles in your Discovery Layer, you can either:
- Download your JSTOR DDA MARC records from OCLC’s Collection Manager and upload them to your Discovery Layer Admin, or
- Download a copy of your institution’s JSTOR Books Holdings file from JSTOR Admin and add a filter to column AC or license to distinguish book titles in your DDA corpus (DDACOR) and upload the filtered file to your Discovery service Admin space
Activating your JSTOR eBook Purchases
To activate your institution’s JSTOR ebook purchases (including EBA purchases, DDA Purchases, and Pick and Mix purchases) in your Discovery Layer, you can either:
- Download your All Purchased MARC Records from OCLC’s Collection Manager and upload them to your Discovery Layer, or
- You can download a copy of your institution’s JSTOR Books Holdings file from JSTOR Admin and add a filter to column AC or license to distinguish purchased book titles (DDABUY, EBABUY, NF - notes institution book purchase) and then upload this filtered file to your Discovery Layer.
Please note that JSTOR Primary Source Collections and Community Contributed Collections are not currently available to be activated in our Discovery Partner’s systems.