What's in this article:
How to download a list of everything you have access to:
First, you'll want to be sure you're signed into your institution's JSTOR account. You'll need to be signed in via an affiliated IP address (i.e. on-campus, logged in via proxy, etc). The Provider Designation Statement (PDS) should appear on the very top of any JSTOR page and list your institution.
Once you can see the correct PDS, use the links below to get your holdings:
Each link will allow you to download a .txt file, which should open automatically. This file will include all of your titles as well as their coverage dates, volume numbers, stable URL, discipline, collection inclusion and much more!
How to decipher your spreadsheet of holdings:
You can put your .txt file into an Excel document so that it's easier to read. There are excellent directions on how to do this on the Microsoft Office Support Site.
Once your holdings are easier to read, you'll see several columns of information. The column headings can be confusing. Here's a handy guide to what they mean.
- publication_title: Journal or Pamphlet collection name.
- print_identifier: ISSN
- online_identifier: EISSN
- date_first_issue_online: Date of the oldest issue on JSTOR.
- num_first_vol_online: Number of the oldest volume on JSTOR.
- num_first_issue_online: Number of the oldest issue on JSTOR.
- date_last_issue_online: Date of the most recent issue on JSTOR.
- num_last_vol_online: Number of the most recent issue on JSTOR.
- num_last_issue_online: Number of the most recent issue on JSTOR.
- title_url: URL of the journal list of volumes and issues or pamphlet years of publication range.
- first_author: First listed or only author.
- title_id: JSTOR title identification code.
- embargo_info: Years from the present found on JSTOR (i.e. P6Y means six years before the present year). This can also be referred to as the moving wall.
- coverage_depth: All titles in JSTOR are full-depth.
- coverage_notes: Explains coverage years in detail (Absorbed=Previous Journal title; Moving Wall=embargo time)
- publisher_name: Name of journal publisher.
- full_coverage: Date range that encompasses an entire run of the journal or years of pamphlets.
- collection: JSTOR collection that includes this journal title or pamphlet collection.
- discipline: List of all disciplines this title is listed under in JSTOR.
- catalog_identifier_oclc: OCLC catalog identifier.
- catalog_identifier_lccn: Library of Congress Control Number.
For book holdings, the terms used in the "license" field are defined as follows:
- NF: Access to the title was purchased through a firm order (either through title-by-title selection or as part of a subject collection)
- DDABUY: Access to the title was purchased through the Demand-Driven Acquisition program
- DDACOR: Access to the title is provided through the DDA program, but it has not yet been triggered for a purchase
If you want to know more about your holdings, please contact us.