What's in this article:
Accessing JSTOR Admin
Before you can access JSTOR Admin, you'll need to log in with a personal JSTOR account with administrative permissions for your institution.
If you don't have an account:
- Create a personal JSTOR account by filling out the form on our registration page and then contact JSTOR Support and we'll work with you to provide admin permissions for your account.
- Or if you have an existing JSTOR admin at your institution, they can create an account with admin permissions for you.
If you have an account but don't have admin permissions:
- Contact JSTOR Support and we'll work with you to provide admin permissions for your account.
- Or if you have an existing JSTOR admin at your institution, they can grant your account admin permissions.
If you're a new administrator at your institution or would like to update your existing product, invoicing, and/or renewal communications, you can get started by filling out our institutional contact update form.
If you have an account with admin permissions for JSTOR or Artstor, you're ready to log into JSTOR Admin.
View and manage access methods
You can review and manage your institutional access methods on the Access Methods page in JSTOR Admin.
On this page, you will find information about your institution's:
- IP Addresses
- Referring URL
- Google SSO
- SAML (Shibboleth)
- Remote username and password
To learn more about available access methods, see Access Management Overview.
View your account information
You can view your institutional account information on the Account Information page in JSTOR Admin.
On this page, you will find information about:
- Institutional branding, including your provider designation
- OpenURL information
- SUSHI Harvesting account information
To learn more, see Where can I find my institution's account information?
View and manage users
You can view and manage your institution's user accounts on the User Management page in JSTOR Admin.
On this page, you'll be able to:
- View existing users, including their status, remote access expiration date, and last login
- Download a list of your users
- Invite new users to create an account automatically paired with your institution
- Renew or expire remote access for users
- Grant administrative permissions
To learn more, see User Management Overview.
Download content holdings
You can view summary statistics and download holdings files for your institution's current content holdings, as well as information regarding free and open content on JSTOR, on the Holdings page in JSTOR Admin.
On this page you'll find information and holdings files for:
- Primary Sources
- Institutional Collections
- Free and Open content on JSTOR
To learn more and see what holdings files are available by content type, see Accessing and Downloading your Library Holdings.
Download and schedule usage reports
JSTOR provides a variety of usage statistics for book and journal subscriptions in the "Reports" section of JSTOR Admin.
- Usage reports for journals can be found on the COUNTER 5 page in JSTOR Admin. For more information about our COUNTER-compliant journal usage reports, see Usage Reports Overview: COUNTER 5.
- Usage reports for books can be found on the Books at JSTOR page in JSTOR Admin. For more information about book usage data for different acquisition models, see Books at JSTOR Reports.
Upload EBA title selections
If your institution participates in the Evidence-Based Acquisition (EBA) program, you can upload your EBA title selections in JSTOR Admin.
The acquisitions administrator at your institution will receive an email which includes a download link for your EBA title selection file and a link to upload your completed title selection file.
To upload your EBA title selections:
- Log into JSTOR Admin with a personal account that has administrative permissions.
- Not an admin yet? See Accessing JSTOR Admin to get started.
- Select EBA Selection in the JSTOR Admin sidebar.
- At the bottom of the upload page, drag and drop your completed title selection file (.xlsx) or select Choose file to select your title selection file from your computer.
- You’ll see a confirmation message that your selections have been submitted.
After your selection has been processed, you'll receive a receipt email summarizing your institution's purchases.
If your EBA selection file does not upload correctly, you experience any errors, or you did not receive your EBA title selection file, please contact JSTOR Support.