What's in this article:
Are you the new administrator for your institution? Do you need access to your holdings, receive information about billing, usage statistics, etc., but don't know where to start? We know that it can be difficult to get started in a new role since so many vendors conduct business differently. This page will help you learn how to establish yourself as an administrator for your institution's participation in JSTOR.
Fill out the form to let us know you're the new administrator
The easiest way to get started is to fill out this contact update form. This form sends copies of your updated information to all of our internal departments.
There are 3 sections on the contact update form to know about. After filling out the new contact information for name, address, and so on, you can opt in to any of 3 types of administrative roles:
- Your account/new offers: If you're the person who handles most participation correspondence, select any of the products that you do or would like to participate in
- Finance and Billing: If you're the person who handles billing and renewals, select any of the products that you participate in
- Usage Statistics: If you're the person who will access reporting and usage data for any of your subscriptions, select yes
Note: If you select "yes" for usage statistics, JSTOR Support will reply to you within 2 business days with instructions for accessing usage statistics as well as your holdings.
Register for a MyJSTOR account for access to usage statistics and holdings
Access to usage statistics as well as your institutional holdings (information about which content you subscribe to) is:
- self-service (after initial setup)
- provided through your personal MyJSTOR account
If you are the administrator who accesses usage statistics and holdings, Support will work with you to provide your personal MyJSTOR account with access to usage statistics and holdings information.
Don't have a MyJSTOR account? It's easy and free to create one.
To register you will need to:
- Visit the registration page
- Create your account by filling in the required fields
- Let user support know that you would like to have access to usage statistics for your institution.
Once we've let you know that your MyJSTOR account has been set up for access to usage statistics, you can learn more about how to access and understand usage reports on our support page: Usage Statistics: A Practical Overview.