What's in this article:
- How to register for a MyJSTOR account.
- What the Register and Read program is all about.
- Why to register for a MyJSTOR account.
- People who aren't affiliated with an institution who want JSTOR access.
To register you will need to:
- visit the registration page
- create a username and password
- provide an email
- provide your name
There will be an opportunity to keep yourself logged in and to sign up for news items from JSTOR and/or JSTOR-participating publishers. To opt-in to any of those, you'll need to check the corresponding checkbox. You can start on the registration page.
What you can do with a MyJSTOR account:
- Read up to six articles a month online for free.
- Save your citations to My Lists.
- If you're a librarian, you'll need a MyJSTOR account to manage your usage statistics.
- If you ever decide you want to buy a JPASS or an individual article, you'll need an account.