What's in this article:
- How to arrange SAML for your institution
- WAYFless URL Generator for ITHAKA-SP
- What information JSTOR needs from you
- Using attributes to allocate resources
What you need from us:
Our SP entityID: https://shibbolethsp.jstor.org/shibboleth
Membership: We belong to the federations below, but can work with many others via interfederation metadata (if in doubt, contact us):
- UKAMF (United Kingdom) [metadata]
- eduGAIN (Federation Membership Organization) [metadata]
- InCommon (United States) [metadata]
- OpenAthens (Multiple Countries) [metadata]
- DFN-AAI (Germany) [metadata]
Use the WAYFless URL Generator in the box below to create a WAYFless URL.
What we need from you:
Your entityID: Please send your entityID to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SAML Assertions: Please release an attribute value in your metadata. We prefer eduPersonScopedAffiliation but also support eduPersonEntitlement. If your institution uses eduPersonEntitlement please send your attribute values to our support team. Users without at least one of the specified attributes will not be authorized for access to JSTOR.
Using attributes to allocate resources:
Want to allocate different JSTOR resources across different campuses, departments, or affiliated groups (like current students vs. alumni)? Yes, you can do that!
- By Department
- eduPersonEntitlement: present a URI that distinguishes the department from others at the school. Ex: science.wagstaff.edu
- By Role (student vs. alum vs. staff, etc.)
- eduPersonScopedAffiliation: present a URI that distinguishes between groups that need to receive different access. Ex: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- By Campus
- eduPersonScopedAffiliation: present a URI that distinguishes between campuses that need to receive different access. Ex: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
When you’re ready to make the leap, email us your entityID and let us know if you need access provisioned across different groups, campuses, or departments.
Questions? Email us, chat with us by clicking the chat prompt below (during normal business hours only), or call us at 888-388-3574 or 734-887-7001.