What's in this article:
In January 2019, JSTOR became compliant with COUNTER 5 reporting standards. COUNTER 4 reports are only available on JSTOR as pre-generated reports from January 2017-April 2019 that are available on the JSTOR Admin site.
Please see the COUNTER 5 support page for more information on the change to COUNTER 5 compliant reporting on JSTOR and getting started with usage statistics.
Downloading C4 Reports
COUNTER 4 reports are available on JSTOR as pre-generated reports.
To download these reports;
- Log in to your JSTOR admin account
- Go to JSTOR Admin > Usage Reports > COUNTER 4
- (If you are an administrator for more than 1 institution, select that institution from the dropdown menu)
- A list of pre-generated reports will appear. Click on the file type for the report you wish to download
Note that customized COUNTER 4 compliant book reports are no longer available as of May 2019.
Any COUNTER 4 scheduled reports will need to be re-scheduled as COUNTER 5 reports. April 2019 was the last month COUNTER 4 usage data was collected, and the last month for which you will have received COUNTER 4 monthly scheduled reports (reports would have been be delivered in May for April usage data).
COUNTER 4 reports and what they measure:
- Journal Report 1 – Number of Successful Full-Text Article Requests by Month and Journal
- Journal Report 2 – Access Denied to Full-Text Article Requests by Month, Journal and Page-Type
- Journal Report 5 – Number of Successful Full-Text Requests by Year-of-Publication (YOP) and Journal. This replaces the JR1a report, and can also be used in lieu of the non-COUNTER JR1b report.
- Book Report 2 – Number of Successful Book Section Requests by Month and Title
- Book Report 3 – Access Denied to Book Content Items by Month, Title and Category
- Consortium Report 1 - Number of successful full-text journal article or book chapter requests by month and title. This is a report for consortia.
- Consortium Report 2 - Total searches by month and database. This is also a report for consortia.
- Database Report 1 - Total Searches, Result Clicks and Record Views by Month and Database. This report now tracks usage for 19th Century British Pamphlets (previously recorded in the JR1 report).
- Database Report 2 - Access Denied by Month, Database and Category
- Platform Report 1 – Total Searches, Result Clicks and Record Views by Month and Platform (previously the DB3 report). Please note that there is no longer a requirement for sessions to be counted.