What's in this article:
- Downloading C4 Reports
- Scheduled Reports
- COUNTER 4 Report types and what they measure
- Custom book reports
In January 2019, JSTOR became compliant with COUNTER 5 reporting standards. COUNTER 4 reports are only available on JSTOR in pre-generated reports from January 2017-April 2019 will be available on the JSTOR admin site.
Please see the COUNTER 5 support page for more information on the change to COUNTER 5 compliant reporting on JSTOR and getting started with usage statistics.
Downloading C4 Reports
COUNTER 4 reports are available on JSTOR as pre-generated reports.
To download these reports:
- Log in to your JSTOR admin account
- Go to JSTOR Admin > Usage Reports > COUNTER 4
- (If you are an administrator for 1+ institutions, select that institution from the dropdown menu)
- A list of pre-generated reports will appear. Click on the file type for the report you wish to download
Note that customized COUNTER 4 compliant book reports are no longer available as of May 2019.
Any COUNTER 4 scheduled reports will need to be re-scheduled as COUNTER 5 reports. April of 2019 was the last month COUNTER 4 usage data was collected, and the last month for which you will have received COUNTER 4 monthly scheduled reports (reports would have been be delivered in May for April usage data).
COUNTER 4 reports and what they measure:
- Journal Report 1 – Number of Successful Full-Text Article Requests by Month and Journal
- Journal Report 2 – Access Denied to Full-Text Article Requests by Month, Journal and Page-Type
- Journal Report 5 – Number of Successful Full-Text Requests by Year-of-Publication (YOP) and Journal. This replaces the JR1a report, and can also be used in lieu of the non-COUNTER JR1b report.
- Book Report 2 – Number of Successful Book Section Requests by Month and Title
- Book Report 3 – Access Denied to Book Content Items by Month, Title and Category
- Consortium Report 1 - Number of successful full-text journal article or book chapter requests by month and title. This is a report for consortia.
- Consortium Report 2 - Total searches by month and database. This is also a report for consortia.
- Database Report 1 - Total Searches, Result Clicks and Record Views by Month and Database. This report now tracks usage for 19th Century British Pamphlets (previously recorded in the JR1 report).
- Database Report 2 - Access Denied by Month, Database and Category
- Platform Report 1 – Total Searches, Result Clicks and Record Views by Month and Platform (previously the DB3 report). Please note that there is no longer a requirement for sessions to be counted.
Custom Book reports:
JSTOR offers a custom usage report that reflects acquisitions, chapter views, and chapter downloads. These reports reflect cumulative usage from your first participation in Books at JSTOR. To request delivery of this ebook usage report, please fill out the Books at JSTOR Usage Report form.