Shibboleth & OpenAthens at JSTOR: ONE LOGIN TO RULE THEM ALL
JSTOR enthusiastically supports SAML authentication, including Shibboleth and OpenAthens. We've transitioned over 390 institutions to single sign-on and we're here to help if you need us. Below is what you'll need to connect to JSTOR once you've got Shibboleth up and running.
WHAT YOU NEED FROM US
Our SP entityID: https://shibboleth2sp.jstor.org/shibboleth
Membership: We belong to the federations below, but can work with many others via interfederation metadata (if in doubt, contact us):
- UKAMF (United Kingdom) [metadata]
- eduGAIN (Federation Membership Organization) [metadata]
- InCommon (United States) [metadata]
- OpenAthens (Multiple Countries) [metadata]
- SWITCHaai (Switzerland) [metadata]
- DFN-AAI (Germany) [metadata]
- eduID.cz (Czech Republic) [metadata]
WAYFless URL Generator
- EntityId: Your entityID goes here
- Encrypted Packet Receiver: http://www.jstor.org/shibboleth
- Deep link URL: Optional. Leave blank.
When you have created a verified a working WAYFless URL, please inform firstname.lastname@example.org to update our value for you on our Login page.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
JSTOR requires that the eduPersonScopedAffiliation attribute is present in the XML file presented for authentication. For information on how this attribute works and acceptable values and formats, please see this handy guide
Want to allocate different JSTOR resources across different campuses, departments, or affiliated groups (like current students vs. alumni)? Yes, you can do that!
- By Department
- eduPersonEntitlement: present a URI that distinguishes the department from others at the school. Ex: science.wagstaff.edu
- eduPersonScopedAffiliation is still required
- By Role (student vs. alum vs. staff, etc.)
- eduPersonScopedAffiliation: present a URI that distinguishes between groups that need to receive different access. Ex: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- By Campus
- eduPersonScopedAffiliation: present a URI that distinguishes between campuses that need to receive different access. Ex: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
When you’re ready to make the leap, email us your entityID and let us know if you need access provisioned across different groups, campuses, or departments.
Questions? Email us, chat with us by clicking the chat prompt below (during normal business hours only), or call us at 888-388-3574 or 734-887-7001.